alternate hypotheses as a base
for private and public experience
1. All of creation is sacred and alive, each part connected to each other part and each communicating in a creative, cooperative commerce in which the smallest and the largest are involved.
2. The physical senses present one unique version of reality, in which being is perceived in a particular dimensioned sequence, built up through neurological focus. There are alternate neurological routes, biologically acceptable and other sequences so far not chosen.
3. Our individual self-government and our political organizations are by products of sequential perception and our exterior methods of communication set up patterns that correlate with and duplicate our synaptic behavior. We lock ourselves into certain structures of reality in this way.
4. Our sequential prejudiced perceptions are inherently far more flexible than we recognize, however. There are half steps – other unperceived impulses – that leap the nerve ends, too fast and too slow for our usual focus. Recognition of these can be learned and encouraged, bring in perceptive data that will trigger changes in usual sense response, filling our potential sense spectrums with which we are normally not familiar.
5. This greater possible sense spectrum includes increased perception of inner bodily reality in terms of cellular identity and behavior, our automatic conscious control of bodily processes and increased perception of exterior conditions as usual senses become more vigorous. (Our sight, for example, is not nearly as efficient as it could be. Nuances of color, texture and depth could be expanded and our entire visual area attain a brilliance presently considered exceptional or supernormal.
The codicils, followed, would lead to a government as natural, orderly and spontaneously as the seasons in wich each individual brings personhood to fullfillment to the best of his or her ability, and in so doing automatically plays a potent role in development of the entire society.
Such a civilization would be based upon the following codicils, added to those already given
1. Each person is a unique version of an inner model that is itself a bank of potentials, variations, and creativity. The psyche is a seed of individuality and selfhood, cast in space-time but ultimately independent of it.
2. We are born in many times and places, but not in a return of identity as we understand it; not as a copy in different clothes, but as a new self ever-rising out of the psyche’s life as the new ruler rises to the podium or throne, in a psychic politics as ancient as humanity.
3. Civilizations, both past and present represent projections of inner selfhood, and mirror the state of the mass psyche at any given time. We hold memory and knowledge of past civilizations as we hold unconciouss memories of our private early current-life-experiences.
4. From our present, we exert force upon the past as well as the future, forming our ideas of the past and reacting accordingly. We actually project events into our own new past.
5. Each generation forms such a new past, one that exists as surely as the present, not just as an imaginary construct but as a practical platform – a newly built past – upon which we build our present.
6. Options and alternate models for selfhood and civilizations exist in a psychic pattern of probabilities from which we can choose to actualize an entirely new life system.
Comments on Codicils
As a preliminary, we must alter our concepts of the self, time, space and the psyche so that we can envision the self or focus personality as the physically actualized version of a multidimensional psyche, equipped with freedom of choice and with greater ability to mix and match our personal characteristics than we’ve previously thought possible. We can bring more of the psyche’s potentials to bear upon ordinary life, opening sense spectrums that will show the true significance and beauty of corporal life. We must understand that the intuitions and intellect are wedded. Only our beliefs make them appear as opposites. The “high intellect” is a perfect fusion of intuitive and intellectual qualities, merged to form what would almost seem to be a new faculty.
Er bestaat geen Nederlandse vertaling, maar als je een exemplaar van Psychic Politics op de kop kunt tikken en je beheerst het Engels redelijk, lees het dan. Het is een prachtig en leerzaam boek.